In 2021 we carried out a survey with groups who have applied to us for funding. One of the suggestions that resulted was to provide information on other funders local to Dorset, outside DCF programmes.
This list was published in September 2022 and may not be an exhaustive list. It features Dorset-based funders only – there are of course many other regional and national funders that consider applications from Dorset.
For advice on funders and support with funding applications we encourage groups to contact the following agencies who support local voluntary sector groups. They also provide advice, training and networking opportunities to support good governance.
- Community Action Network offers free support to groups across Dorset.
- Dorset Community Action provides support to groups in Dorset Council area.
- Help and Kindness website provides a map of services in Dorset to help people find local support
Other support finding grants for individuals
- Turn2Us – search engine for grants to individuals and runs own funding programme
- Acts 435 – platform for churches and faith organisations to find donors to support individuals in need
- Age UK – support finding grants available for older people
- Carers Trust – support finding grants for unpaid carers
- Citizens Advice (Dorset Council area) and Citizens Advice BCP– advice and support for those in financial difficulty, may be able to signpost to grants
- Disability Grants – guidance for parents/carers of disabled children