We offer a bespoke service and will work with you to establish the parameters, focus and criteria for your fund, including undertaking research on your behalf into specific causes, issues or geographical areas you wish to support.
The number of charities asking for help and needing support can be overwhelming. By working closely with the Foundation we can ensure that any projects you support have been approved by our independent grants panel, helping you achieve maximum impact.
- Setting up a Fund with Dorset Community Foundation is an alternative to setting up your own charity or trust fund. This may be of interest if:
- You are in receipt of a legacy or wanting to leave one
- Are earning or have inherited substantial sums
- Are selling a business or shares
- Own property or assets that exceed everyday needs
Giving you Added Reassurance
- We deal with all requests for support and manage all grant awards made
- We can involve your wider family and close friends if you wish
- We provide feedback from the groups/individuals that benefit from your giving and the opportunity to meet and be involved with the people and projects you have supported
- We can provide you with information on the most tax-efficient ways to give, keeping administration fees to a minimum
- Our management fees represent excellent value for money
- The Charity Commission acknowledges that Community Foundations have a reputation for the effective management of charitable funds in order to maximise their impact at a local level
See the benefits of your own fund in our Named Fund vs Own Charity Factsheet.
For more information on setting up an individual or family fund please contact our director Grant Robson on 01202 670815 or email him at email@example.com.