Toby’s – a Shaftesbury Young People’s Project, was a charitable organisation operating in Shaftesbury, Dorset from 1999 – 2016. The charity provided support to enable young people to reach their full potential in all areas of their lives. The Toby’s of Shaftesbury Fund will continue to support young people in Shaftesbury & the immediate surrounding area, by awarding grants to local groups working with young people in the area of benefit, being Shaftesbury and surrounding villages:
Melbury Abbas and Cann
The Orchards (East and West)
The Toby’s of Shaftesbury Fund is looking to support local groups that deliver life changing outcomes for young people. Applicants should illustrate how their service or activity will address one or more of our priorities:
- To support young people experiencing mental health problems
- To support young people experiencing bereavement and family breakdown
- To encourage healthy lifestyles and the development of life skills
- To address anti-social behavior
- To raise the aspirations of young people
- To improve mental health and wellbeing
- To help those in financial or social disadvantage to achieve goals or ambitions they would otherwise be unable to
Applications will be invited on an annual basis – maximum grant size around £2,000. Successful groups will be required to complete an End of Grant report after 12 months, or on completion of the funded activities.
- Groups must be local charities, constituted community groups, CICs or local branches of national charities who are financially independent and locally managed
- The services or activities should benefit young people age 13 to 25 living in the area of benefit
- Groups can apply for core costs, service delivery costs and/or capital costs
- Requests for funding towards large appeals such as building refurbishments are a low priority
- Groups can apply for funding to continue existing services or to pilot new services or activities
- If the grant requested does not cover the total cost, the remainder should either be secured or plans in place to raise the funds
- Groups will be asked to evidence the need for their service and to describe how they monitor or intend to monitor the service, in order to evidence clear outcomes for young people
- The agreed activity should begin within 2 months and the grant spent within 12 months of receipt
How to Apply
To apply, click here.
Maximum grant size – around £2,000.
We strongly advise you to read our Grant Making Policy before you apply.
If you are unsure about any of the above criteria or have any other queries, please contact our Grants Manager Ellie Maguire on 01202 670815 or at email@example.com.