The aim of the Fund is to effectively and efficiently support local voluntary and community organisations that are helping vulnerable people impacted by the Covid-19 crisis; easing the immediate difficulties communities are facing and to support their recovery over the coming weeks and months.
- Local registered charities, Constituted Community Groups, CICs or Social Enterprises, and Parish/Town Councils may apply to the Fund
- National charities are not eligible for this funding programme
- If two or more eligible organisations are working in partnership we welcome a single application from the lead partner who, if successful, would distribute funds to partner organisations as detailed in the budget
- New and Emerging groups can apply to the Fund but we strongly encourage you to speak to established organisations first, to see if you can offer assistance and work with them rather than set up new activities from scratch – information about services already being coordinated are available on Dorset Council and BCP Council websites
- Individuals are not eligible to apply
- Grants that are solely for the provision of cash bursaries to individuals or families are not eligible
Applying to the Fund
We are initially offering grants of up to £5,000 per organisation but hope to increase this as more funds become available.
There are no deadlines and decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Groups may reapply for funding unless advised not to do so by the Grants Manager.
You MUST read the Full Fund Criteria before applying to avoid disappointment.
For Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.
APPLY VIA THIS LINK
If you have been funded by DCF since January 2018 through any of our funding programmes (e.g. Neighborhood Fund, #iwill Fund, Tampon Tax Community Fund, Wessex Water Community Fund and others) you are NOT required to submit supporting documents with your application. You can also apply via telephone call if preferred (only applies to groups outlined above), but you need to first make a telephone application appointment via doodle poll* through THIS LINK.
* You will need to enter your telephone number and be ready for our call at your chosen time as we can only offer 30 minutes slots due to capacity.
We will attempt to assess COMPLETE applications within two weeks of receiving the application.
PLEASE only make enquiries where absolutely necessary – we anticipate demand will be high and we want to make grant decisions as quickly as possible.
Grants Manager, Ellie Maguire: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07592 032666