The scheme is intended to:
- Assist and support individuals and ensure they are able to attend further education
- Assist those who are particularly disadvantaged and least likely to participate (care leavers or cared for young people; those who have caring responsibilities for other members of their family; live on a family income of less than £21,000; disabled young people and those with special educational needs)
- Applicants must be aged 16-21 (unless there are exceptional circumstances)
- Applicants must live in Dorset and have been a resident in Dorset for at least 3 years
- Attending a vocational course of any length, including traineeships and supported internships
- Applicants must attend one of the colleges listed below
Bursaries can only be used to support educational or training needs. Examples include the full cost or a contribution towards:
- Travel costs
- Fees for equipment
- Cost of required equipment or clothing
- Essential study trips
- IT equipment
This list is not exhaustive and if you have an idea that fits within the scope of education or training, please discuss with a member of the grants team before making the application.
- Bournemouth & Poole College
- Kingston Maurward College
- Brockenhurst College
- Weymouth College
- Yeovil College
- Wiltshire College – Salisbury Campus
How to Apply:
Before making an application students should first approach their college for a bursary. If they then need additional support they may apply for a DCF bursary.
The fund is currently closed for applications and will open in August 2018.
If you have any questions or are unable to fill in the form and wish to receive a paper based application, please contact the office on 01202 670815 or email email@example.com.