The scheme is intended to:
- Assist and support individuals and ensure they are able to attend further education
- Assist those who are particularly disadvantaged and least likely to participate (care leavers or cared for young people; those who have caring responsibilities for other members of their family; live on a family income of less than £25,000; disabled young people and those with special educational needs)
- Applicants must be aged 16-25 (unless there are exceptional circumstances)
- Attending a vocational course of any length, including access courses, traineeships and supported internships
- Applicants must attend one of the colleges listed below
Bursaries can only be used to support educational or training needs. Examples include the full cost or a contribution towards:
- Travel costs
- Cost of required equipment or clothing
- Essential study trips
- IT equipment
- Meals at college
This list is not exhaustive and if you have an idea that fits within the scope of education or training, please discuss with a member of the grants team before making the application.
- Bournemouth & Poole College
- Kingston Maurward College
- Brockenhurst College
- Weymouth College
- Yeovil College
- Wiltshire College – Salisbury Campus
How to Apply:
Before making an application students should first approach their college for a bursary. If they then need additional support they may apply for a DCF bursary.
The fund is now CLOSED for applications.
If you have any questions or are unable to fill in the form and wish to receive a paper based application, please contact the office on 01202 670815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.