This fund is now open
- Applications received by September 1 will receive a decision by the early October
- Applications received by October 6 will receive a decision in Mid-November
- Applications received by November 10 will receive a decision in Mid-December
- Applications received by January 12 will receive a decision by the end of February
The scheme is intended to assist young people attending vocational, further education courses.
Applicants MUST apply to their college or sixth form bursary, before applying for a DCF bursary.
- Applicants must be aged 16-25, unless there are exceptional circumstances
- Applicants must be attending a vocational course of any length, including access courses, traineeships and supported internships – students studying a vocational course alongside some A-Levels are also eligible
- (Students studying only A-Levels are not eligible)
- (Students studying apprenticeships are not eligible)
- Applicants must live in a household with income of less than £30,000 or have other challenges, such as care leavers or cared for young people; those who have caring responsibilities for other members of their family; disabled young people and those with special educational needs
- Applicants must attend one of the colleges listed below
- Bournemouth & Poole College
- Kingston Maurward College
- Brockenhurst College
- Weymouth College
- Yeovil College
- Wiltshire College – Salisbury Campus
Sixth Form Colleges:
- Blandford School Sixth Form
- Bourne Academy Sixth Form
- Sir John Colfox Academy Sixth Form
- Beaminster School Sixth Form
What can I apply for?
Grants of up to £1000 may be used to support essential costs associated with your course.
Examples include the full cost or a contribution towards:
- Travel costs
- Cost of required equipment or clothing
- Essential study trips
- IT equipment
- Meals at college
This list is not exhaustive and if you have an idea that fits within the scope of education or training, please discuss with a member of the grants team before making the application.
How to Apply:
Applicants MUST apply to their college or sixth form bursary, before applying for a DCF bursary. If they need additional support they may apply for a DCF bursary.
Please read through the DCF Bursary Scheme Criteria before you apply.
To apply please CLICK HERE
If you would like further advice on applying or need the application form in an alternative format, please contact the grants team on 01202 670815 or at email@example.com.