This fund is now closed. It will reopen for applications 18 July 2022
The scheme is intended to assist and support individuals to ensure they are able to attend further education.
- Applicants must be aged 16-25 (unless there are exceptional circumstances)
- Applicants must be attending a vocational course of any length, including access courses, traineeships and supported internships
- Applicants must be aged 16-25 who live on a family income of less than £30,000 or have other challenges (care leavers or cared for young people; those who have caring responsibilities for other members of their family; disabled young people and those with special educational needs).
- Applicants must attend one of the colleges listed below
- Bournemouth & Poole College
- Kingston Maurward College
- Brockenhurst College
- Weymouth College
- Yeovil College
- Wiltshire College – Salisbury Campus
Sixth Form Colleges:
- Blandford School Sixth Form
- Bourne Academy Sixth Form
- Sir John Colfox Academy Sixth Form
- Beaminster School Sixth Form
What can I apply for?
Grants of up to £1500 may be used to support essential costs associated with your course.
Examples include the full cost or a contribution towards:
- Travel costs
- Cost of required equipment or clothing
- Essential study trips
- IT equipment
- Meals at college
This list is not exhaustive and if you have an idea that fits within the scope of education or training, please discuss with a member of the grants team before making the application.
How to Apply:
Before making an application students should first approach their college for a bursary. If they then need additional support they may apply for a DCF bursary.
Please read through the DCF Bursary Scheme Criteria before you apply.
The DCF Bursary scheme opens for applications on 18 July 2022 and closes on 13 January 2022.
- Applications received by 2 Sept will receive a decision by the end of September
- Applications received by 7 Oct will receive a decision by 7 the end of October
- Applications received by 11 Nov will receive a decision by the end of November
- Applications received by 13 Jan will receive a decision by the end of February
TO APPLY CLICK HERE (a link to the online application form will be added on 18th July 2022)