The aim of the Lord-Lieutenant’s Fund for Young and Talented is to ensure that every young person has the same opportunities to develop their sporting talent regardless of background, financial or personal circumstances.
The fund intends to support young people who are financially or socially disadvantaged – we aim to ‘level the playing field’ so to speak!
Grants of up to £1,000 will be given towards kit/clothing costs, competition fees, coaching, travel costs and accommodation (not an exhaustive list).
- Applicants must live in Dorset
- Applicants must be age 14 – 21
- Applicants must have an exceptional sporting talent which has been recognized or acknowledged by the appropriate National Governing Body
- Applicants must be unable to achieve their ambitions without help due to financial or personal circumstance
- The activities that the application relates to, must start within 8 months of grant offer
- The fund does not support community groups, sports clubs, schools or statutory organisations
- Applicants must provide two Letters of Endorsement from relevant individuals. One should be from representative of a National Governing Body
- Your application will be submitted to a Grants Panel so it is very important that you complete all sections of the form and tell us what difference the grant will make to you. If you need equipment please let us know why, describe what you require and provide a quote or web page link if possible
- Applicants may be required to attend an informal interview
- If you are successful, the award will be conditional on your signing our terms and conditions. If you are purchasing equipment you MUST send us copies of receipts as soon as items are purchased
- You must spend the money awarded within 1 year of receipt
- We will ask for a short progress report approx. 6 months after the grant is awarded, to see how you’re getting on and how the grant has helped you. We may also ask you to meet with individuals who may be interested in supporting this fund
- Up to three grants may be awarded to an individual over a period of time, provided the applicant has shown real improvement and requires further support in order to progress further
- The Fund, awards made from it, and individual success stories will be publicised. You may request anonymity
When to Apply?
The Fund is now closed for applications.
How to Apply?
Before you apply please make sure you have read through the Young Talented Criteria Guidance.
Fill in the electronic copy of the Young Talented Application Form and email back to us with two references by the deadline (applications without two letters of endorsement will be considered incomplete and will not be processed). If you have a problem filling in the application or may need it in an alternative format please get in touch.
If you are unsure about any of the above criteria or have any other queries, please contact our Grants Manager Ellie Maguire on 01202 670815 or at email@example.com.