The aim of the Lord-Lieutenant’s Fund for Young and Talented is to ensure that every young person has the same opportunities to develop their sporting talent regardless of background, financial or personal circumstances. We want to ‘level the playing field’.
Grants of up to £1,000 will be given towards kit/clothing costs, competition fees, coaching, travel costs and accommodation (not an exhaustive list).
- Applicants must have a home address in Dorset
- Applicants must be age 14 – 21
- Applicants must have an exceptional sporting talent which has been recognised or acknowledged by an appropriate national governing body
- Applicants must be unable to achieve their ambitions without help due to financial or personal circumstance
- The activities that the application relates to, must start within eight months of our grant offer
- The fund does not support community groups, sports clubs, schools or statutory organisations
- Applicants must complete the application form and provide a copy of a recent bank statement (to confirm bank details if you are successful) and two letters of endorsement from relevant individuals. One should be from representative of a national governing body
- Your application will be submitted to a Grants Panel so it is very important that you complete all sections of the form and tell us what difference the grant will make to you. If you need equipment please let us know why, describe what you require and provide a quote or web page link if possible
- Applicants may be required to attend an informal interview
- If you are purchasing equipment you must send us copies of receipts as soon as items are purchased
- You must spend the money awarded within one year of receipt
- We will ask for a short progress report approximately six months after the grant is awarded, to see how you’re getting on and how the grant has helped you. We may also ask you to meet with individuals who may be interested in supporting this fund
- Up to three grants may be awarded to an individual over a period of time, provided the applicant has shown real improvement and requires further support in order to progress further
- The fund, awards made from it, and individual success stories will be publicised. You may request anonymity
When to apply?
This round opens for applications on February 26, 2024 and the deadline to apply is April 5, 2024.
How to apply?
Fill in the electronic copy of the Young Talented Application Form and email back to us with two Letters of Support by the deadline (applications without two Letters of Support will be considered incomplete and will not be processed).
You must apply by April 5, 2024
If you have a problem filling in the application or may need it in an alternative format please get in touch.
If you would like further advice on applying, please contact the Grants and Operations Officer, Alice Cable on 01202 670815 or at email@example.com.