Performing Arts is a form of art in which artists use their voices, bodies or inanimate objects to convey live artistic expression e.g. dance, music, opera, theatre and musical theatre, magic, illusion, mime, spoken word, puppetry, circus (film is currently excluded from this Fund).
The aim of the fund is to help young people in Dorset with an exceptional talent and future ambitions in performing arts, to achieve their full potential, where they are unable to progress or achieve their ambitions due to financial or other disadvantage. We want to encourage talented young people to act as Ambassadors, in order to inspire future generations and to encourage those who are passionate about young people in Dorset, to support this Fund.
This Fund is not designed to support the ongoing required costs of attending a full time course. However, the DCF Bursary scheme support students studying vocational courses at certain colleges and applicants are welcome to apply to both schemes. For more information, please click here.
- Bursaries will be awarded up to the value of £1,000
- Applicants must be age 14 – 21 and live in the Dorset Council area – excluding BCP council area
- Applicants must have an exceptional talent in performing arts, which has been recognized, and should be actively performing at a high standard
- Applicants must be able to illustrate that they have challenging financial or personal circumstances that are preventing them from progressing their talent or taking next steps
- Bursaries may be given towards relevant costs such as: contributions to the purchase or hire of equipment (e.g. instruments), short courses or training opportunities, coaching or tuition, workshops or masterclasses, travel costs & accommodation to attend competitions or auditions, production costs for showreels, etc. (not an exhaustive list)
The application process involves filling in the below application, providing two letters of endorsement and a short video. Please note without any of these your application will be considered incomplete.
Before you apply, we strongly advise you to read the full fund Guidance and Criteria Document.
When to Apply?
The Fund is currently CLOSED for Applications and will open on 16th September 2019 (closing at noon on 6th November 2019). Please note applicants will be notified of outcome in February 2020.
How to Apply?
Please download and fill in this Application Form.
If you have any questions or are unable to fill in the form and wish to receive a paper-based application please contact the office on 01202 670815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.